- Accommodation Properties
ROLE OF Campshala AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY OF Campshala
- Campshala acts as a facilitator and merely provides an online platform to the User to select and book a particular accommodation property. Accommodation properties in this context includes all categories of accommodations such as camps, tents, cottages, caravan, home-stays, campgrounds, farm-houses and any other alternate accommodations.
- All the information pertaining to the accommodation property including the category of the images, room type, amenities and facilities available at the property are as per the information provided by the accommodation property to Campshala. This information is for reference only. Any discrepancy that may exist between the website pictures and actual settings of the accommodation shall be raised by the User with the property directly, and shall be resolved between the User and property. Campshala will have no responsibility in that process of resolution, and shall not take any liability for such discrepancies.
INFORMATION FROM THE ACCOMMODATION PROPERTY AND THE TERMS OF THE ACCOMMODATION PROPERTY
- The accommodation property booking voucher which Campshala issues to a User is solely based on the information provided or updated by the accommodation property regarding the inventory availability. In no circumstances can Campshala be held liable for failure on part of an accommodation property to accommodate the User with a confirmed booking, the standard of service or any insufficiency in the services, or any other service related issues at the accommodation property. The liability of Campshala in case of denial of check-in by an accommodation property for any reason what-so-ever including overbooking, system or technical errors, or unavailability of rooms etc., will be limited to either providing a similar alternate accommodation at the discretion of Campshala (subject to availability at that time), or refunding the booking amount (to the extent paid) to the User. Any other service related issues should be directly resolved by the User with the accommodation property.
- Accommodation Property reserves the sole right of admission and Campshala has no say whatsoever in admission or denial for admission by the accommodation property. Unmarried or unrelated couples may not be allowed to check-in by some accommodation properties as per their policies. Similarly, accommodation may be denied to guests posing as a couple if suitable proof of identification is not presented at the time check-in. Some accommodation properties may also not allow local residents to check-in as guests. Campshala will not be responsible for any check-in denied by the accommodation property due to the aforesaid reasons or any other reason not under the control of Campshala. No refund would be applicable in case the accommodation property denies check-in under such circumstances.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE USER
- The User would be liable to make good any damage(s) caused by any act of him/ her/ or their accompanying guests (wilful/negligent) to the property of the accommodation property in any manner whatsoever. The extent and the amount of the damage so caused would be determined by the concerned accommodation property. Campshala would not, in any way, intervene in the same.
- The primary guest must be at least 18 years old to be able to check into the accommodation property.
- The User has to be in possession of a valid identity proof and address proof, at the time of check-in. The accommodation property shall be within its rights to deny check-in to a User if a valid identity proof is not presented at the time of check-in.
- Check-in time, check-out time, and any changes in those timings, will be as per accommodation property policy & terms. Early check-in or late check-out request is subject to availability and the accommodation property may charge an additional fee for providing such services.
ADDITIONAL CHARGES BY THE ACCOMMODATION PROPERTY
- The booking amount paid by the User is only for stay at the accommodation property. Some bookings may include breakfast and/or meals as confirmed at the time of booking. Any other services utilized by the User at the accommodation property, including laundry, room service, internet, telephone, extra food, drinks, beverages etc. shall be paid by the User directly to the accommodation property.
- 4.2. Accommodation Properties may charge a mandatory meal surcharge on festive periods like Christmas, New Year’s Eve or other festivals as decided by the accommodation property. All additional charges (including mandatory meal surcharges) need to be cleared directly at the accommodation property. Campshala will have no control over waiving the same.
PAYMENT FOR BOOKINGS AND ANY ADDITIONAL PAYMENTS
- Booking of an accommodation property can either be “Prepaid”, or “Pay at accommodation property” as per the options made available by an accommodation property on the Website of Campshala.
- In the “Prepaid” model, the total booking amount is paid by the User at the time of booking itself. Such total booking amount includes the accommodation property reservation rate, taxes, service fees as may be charged on behalf of the actual service provider, and any additional booking fee or convenience fee charged by Campshala.
- At the accommodation property’s or Campshala’s sole discretion on case to case basis, the User may also be provided with an option to make a part payment to Campshala at the time of confirmation of a booking. The balance booking amount shall be paid as per the terms of the bookings. For security purposes, the User must provide Campshala with correct credit or debit card details. Campshala may cancel the booking at its sole discretion in case such bank or credit card details as provided by the User are found incorrect.
- Some banks and card issuing companies charge their account holders a transaction fee when the card issuer and the merchant location (as defined by the card brand, e.g. Visa, MasterCard, American Express) are in different countries. If a User has any questions about the fees or any exchange rate applied, they may contact their bank or the card issuing company through which payment was made.
- Some accommodation suppliers may require the User and/or the other persons, on behalf of whom the booking is made, to present a credit card or cash deposit upon check-in to cover additional expenses that may be incurred during their stay. Such deposit is unrelated to any payment received by Campshala and solely at the behest of the Accommodation Property.
- In the “Pay at accommodation property” model, the concerned accommodation property will collect the entire payment against the booking at the time of check-in. In case of international bookings, the payment will be charged in local currency or in any other currency, as decided by the accommodation property. For security purposes, the User must provide Campshala with correct credit or debit card details. Campshala may cancel the booking at its sole discretion in case such bank or credit card details as provided by the User are found incorrect.
PAYMENT FOR BOOKINGS AND ANY ADDITIONAL PAYMENTS
- The Website may contain links to third party websites. Campshala does not control such websites and is not responsible for its contents. If a User accesses any third-party website, the same shall be done entirely at the User’s risk and Campshala shall assume no liability for the same.
- Campshala is not responsible for any errors, omissions or representations on any of its pages, links or any linked website pages to the extent such information is updated or provided directly by the Service Providers or the advertisers.
- Campshala does not endorse any advertisers on its Website, or any linked sites in any manner. The Users are requested to verify the accuracy of all information provided on the third-party web pages.
- The linked sites are not under the control of Campshala and hence Campshala is not responsible for the contents of any linked site(s) or any further links on such site(s), or any changes or updates to such sites. Campshala is providing these links to the Users only as a convenience.
- ACTIVITIES AND OTHER SERVICES
- ‘Activity’ includes day tours & sightseeing, wellness, adventure sports, theme/ amusement parks, buffets & dining or any other service/product booked on the Website.
- The provider of the Activity will be referred as ‘Activity Provider’, who shall be solely responsible for provision of the products/ services booked by the User.
ROLE OF CAMPSHALA AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Campshala’s role is limited to facilitating the procurement of an Activity service by the User from the Activity Provider. The transaction or the service fulfilment relation is always between the User and the Activity Provider
- Campshala shall not provide pick up and drop facility for any Activity unless otherwise explicitly mentioned in the confirmation of the reservation.
- Campshala shall not be liable or responsible for:
- Any damage or loss, injury, accident, death, breakdown, irregularity, delay/change in schedule, cancellation without cause, inaccurate information, deficiency of service/product, or cancellation due to conditions not under the control of Activity Provider;
- The health, safety and well-being of the User in the course of availing the Activity or thereafter;
- Any incidental or ancillary services which is directly purchased by the User from the Activity Provider;
- Any incorrect information provided by the Activity Provider.
- The maximum liability of Campshala will be limited to refund of booking amount which was received by Campshala for reservation of the Activity.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE USERS
- The User agrees to comply with the terms and conditions of Activity Provider in addition to Campshala’s User Agreement and Terms of Service.
- The User will be required to present the booking / confirmation voucher issued by Campshala in order to avail the Activity
- The User shall further be in possession of valid documents viz. identity proof, address proof, passport in case of Activity booked outside India or any other document as specified by the Activity Provider in order to utilize the Activity booked.
- The User may be required to sign a waiver/consent form, safety procedure form, medical declaration or other document before availing the Activity where mandated by the Activity Provider.
- The User shall reach out to Activity Provider directly for any concerns subsequent to the confirmation of reservation.
- The User should ensure that he qualifies all the eligibility criteria for availing the Activity including but not limited to age limit, weight limit, medical conditions etc. User understands that in case he is found unfit or illegible for the Activity, Activity provider may or may not allow the User to avail the said Activity.
PAYMENTS FOR BOOKINGS, AND CANCELLATIONS
- Reservations will be subject to cancellation and refund policies of the Activity Provider which may vary from time to time.
- Campshala may charge applicable taxes or service charge, convenience fees etc. wherever applicable.
SPECIAL OFFERS AND COUPONS
The following terms will additionally apply to any coupon provided by Campshala:
- Campshala’s responsibility is limited to sharing the coupon with the User subject to receipt of payment from the User;
- The redemption of coupon is User’s responsibility, and providing the service will be the Activity Provider’s responsibility;
- The expiry date of the coupon shall be mentioned on the coupon and the User will not be able the use the coupon subsequent to the date of expiry;
- The coupon is not redeemable for cash;
- The coupon once purchased cannot be refunded or cancelled